Did you know that the Super Bowl is the second-highest day of food consumption after Thanksgiving? Statistics show that Americans will drink about 50 million cases of beer and eat 14,500 tons of chips, 4,000 tons of popcorn, and 1.23 billion chicken wings on Game Day. Of course that will all eventually end up in the plumbing, so here are a few tips to help you make your Super Bowl party as stress-free as possible.
1. Have us run a quick maintenance check on your plumbing system beforehand. Having your plumbing inspected by a professional is the best way to ensure that everything is working properly.
2. Your toilet will be used heavily during your party. If it tends to give you trouble, switch to thinner toilet paper such as 1-ply on the day of the party, and keep a plunger nearby just in case.
3. Paper towels, “flushable” wipes, and other paper products can easily clog up your toilet and your plumbing. In order to prevent your guests from flushing these items, remove them from your bathroom.
4. Remember that you can’t just throw anything down your garbage disposal. Delicious greasy foods like chicken wings are a Super Bowl staple, but grease will solidify in your pipes and cause big problems, and chicken bones can jam your disposal. It is also important not to overload it with too much food at one time.
5. If you still experience a clog, a broken disposal, or some other kind of plumbing disaster during your Super Bowl party, don’t panic! We’re available all weekend for emergency service. Give us a call at 586-416-4000 any time and we’ll get things running smoothly again.